- Data spotlights innovations and therapeutic practices focused on the best possible outcomes for dialysis patients
NEW ORLEANS, NOV. 2, 2017 – Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX), a global innovator in renal care, today announced the presentation of 27 abstracts at the American Association of Nephrology (ASN) Kidney Week, Oct. 31 - Nov. 5, to support greater scientific exchange across the continuum of renal care. Key Baxter-supported data being presented focuses on the value of innovative technologies and therapeutic approaches that may help broaden access to quality care, which is an increasing challenge as the number of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients grows globally and is anticipated to increase capacity demands and financial pressures on current renal care models.
“As a leader in therapy and technology innovations, it is not only our responsibility, but also our privilege to support scientific exchange that may help continue to transform standards of renal care,” said Dheerendra Kommala, M.D., vice president, Medical Affairs, Baxter. “We are also committed to supporting new research across the continuum of care, as many ESRD patients need to transfer from one therapy to another along their medical journey.”
Key company-sponsored data presentations include:
Thursday, Nov. 2
- Help of Remote Patient Monitoring in the Assessment of Changes in Ultrafiltration Before, During and After a Peritonitis Episode in Patients on APD (Abstract #TH-PO859)
- Evolution of Healthcare Resource Consumption in Simulated Patients on APD Using a Remote Monitoring System (Abstract #TH-PO838)
- Urgent Start Peritoneal Dialysis by the Nephrologist (Abstract #PO828)
- Functional Status Among Patients Receiving Peritoneal Dialysis: Results from the PDOPPS (Abstract #TH-PO833)
- Patient Reported Advantages and Disadvantages of Peritoneal Dialysis: Results from PDOPPS (Abstract # TH-PO835)
Saturday, Nov. 4
- Comparison of Albumin Binding Capacity and Uremic Toxins in HDF vs Novel Dialysis Membrane (Abstract #SA-PO761)
- Multicenter, Prospective, Randomized, Crossover Trial to Demonstrate the Benefits of HD without Acetate (with Citrate): ABC Treat Study (Abstract #SA-PO789)
- Patient Satisfaction with a Home Dialysis Virtual Ward (Abstract #SA-PO678)
In addition to contributing to new research findings, Baxter will host a presentation, “Expanded Hemodialysis: Translating Innovation to Clinical Solution” in Theatre 1 on the exhibit floor, Fri. Nov. 3, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. The company also will showcase the latest innovations for acute kidney care, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and remote patient management for the global nephrology community to explore in booth #509.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter is a registered trademark of Baxter International Inc.